If you are in the market for a rice cooker, then the chances are that you’ve heard of Zojirushi and cuckoo. These two brands have been around for decades, and they both produce quality kitchen appliances. With so many to choose from, it can be hard to determine which one is right for you-but don’t worry! We’re here to help. In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the differences between these two types of rice cookers and highlight what makes each one unique.
Zojirushi rice cooker
If you’re a busy person who wants to cook healthy meals, this rice cooker could be the perfect solution. The 3-in-1 Rice Cooker and Vegetable Steamer offer everything from easy white or brown rice cooking settings, GABA brown rice for those with dietary restrictions, steel-cut oats setting for an alternative breakfast option, and quick-cooking options like boiled eggs or macaroni.
It also has a detachable inner lid that is dishwasher safe and can easily store away on your countertop when not in use, thanks to its retractable cord. With up to 3 cups of uncooked capacity (the equivalent of 2 cups cooked), this appliance will help make sure everyone at home gets their favorite kind of meal without having it take too much time to prepare.
In addition, because the handles get hot during usage and since most of the body is plastic instead of metal like many other models in this price range, hand protection needs to be provided before touching them without being burned. Finally, while all parts except for one can be washed in the dishwasher, this could also lead to hand injuries if one is not careful while trying to remove them.
- The Zojirushi NS-WAC18-WD rice cooker is a popular option for the best electric pressure cookers. – It has an automatic keep warm and reheat function, as well as having a large capacity to feed many people at once with cooked rice.
- The non-stick pot can also be used in the oven or on the stovetop without any concerns of scratching up your pots or pans thanks to its non-stick coating.
- The Zojirushi NP-HBC18 is a rice cooker that can cook up to 18 cups of rice. -It uses fuzzy logic technology and has settings for white, brown, mixed, porridge (Japanese style), sweet (Japonica), or quick-cooking.
- It also features an easy clean coating as well as an easy-to-read LCD display. -It is a durable appliance that can usually last for six years or more with proper use and care.
Cuckoo rice cooker
The Cuckoo Rice Cooker is designed to make cooking rice a breeze. It has an extra-large capacity that will cook up to 20 cups of uncooked white or brown rice, making it perfect for large families, picnics, and other gatherings.
- Non-stick on stick inner pot with steam vent.
- Detachable cord for easy storage and use.
- Wide, inner cooking pot that allows for the rice to be cooked evenly.
- The Cuckoo Rice Cooker also features a “sweeping system” which lifts and drops grains of rice from one side of the cooker to another in order to cook them more evenly on all sides. This means no matter how you like your white or brown (or mixed) rice – soft or hard, wet or dry- it will come out perfectly every time with this machine!
- The multifunctional “Fuzzy Logic” technology, which is a proprietary system that adjusts to the type of rice being cooked in order for it to be prepared properly.
- The Cuckoo Induction Heating System boils only the water or other liquid needed for cooking, so there’s no excess heat energy lost during boiling. The long-grain white rice cooks best when heated at 145° F (62° C); medium-grain white rice should cook at 155º F (68ºC), and brown rice needs 185°F (85 °C). There are three different settings on this machine: soft, hard, and sushi – all designed around your personal preferences!
- Detachable power cord with easy storage; will turn off 20 minutes after being left alone.
- Exterior is BPA-free and easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth. – Digital touch screen – easy to read and control.
- Automatic keep-warm function that switches on when cooking is complete
- Nonstick inner pot with steam vent, detachable cord for easy storage and use.
Zojirushi vs. Cuckoo rice cooker(Differences)
- Nonstick inner pot with steam vent, detachable cord for easy storage and use. (Zojirushi has this) – Comes with a rice scoop for measuring, steaming tray, spatula, and cooking instructions in English. It also has an inner pot made of non-stick material, which is easy to clean and won’t retain flavors or odors.(cuckoo does not have this)
- Zojirushi has a detachable cord for easy storage and use. (cuckoo does not have this).
- Zojirushi turns off 20 minutes after being left alone. (Cuckoo will keep cooking even if you walk away from it, so be careful!)
- The exterior is BPA-free and easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth(Zojirushi has this). – The digital touch screen.
- Easy to read and control(Both models have these) – Automatic keep-warm function that switches on when cooking is complete(both models can do this too.) The non-stick inner pot of the cuckoo rice cooker makes cleaning much easier than Zojirushi, but one point against the cuckoo is that it cannot be used as a slow cooker.
Zojirushi vs Cuckoo: The Winner Is Zojirushi!
The Zojirushi has more features than the cuckoo, including a detachable cord for easy storage and use, a 20-minute timer function to turn off when cooking is complete, an automatic keep warm feature that switches on after cooking is over, etc. Apart from this fact, there are many different models of cookers so you can choose one with your budget in mind – Zojirushi offers great prices too. (Zojirushi)
I hope I have been able to show why the Zojirushi rice cooker wins against the cuckoo model.
Zojirushi vs. Cuckoo rice cooker Which one should you choose? There are lots of things that make both these machines great options, so it all boils down to what your needs really are. The Zojirushi NSZCC18 induction heating system is safer than most other electric models because there’s no open flame on the bottom of the pan (only a coil). We found that the Zojirushi also has a power cord and not just a plug-in extension.